See how we're working to reduce, reuse and #recycle the materials we use to put our products in the hands of our consumers.
By 2015, DPS will:
- Improve energy efficiency and reduce CO2 from emissions in manufacturing by 10% per gallon of finished product.
- Increase product shipments per gallon of fuel used by 20%.
- Replace 60,000 vending machines and coolers with Energy Star-rated equipment that is approximately 30% more energy-efficient.
- Reduce manufacturing water use and wastewater discharge by 10% per gallon of finished product.
- Recycle 90% of manufacturing solid waste.
- Conserve more than 60 million pounds of plastic through PET package lightweighting and redesigns and increased use of recycled PET.
At Dr Pepper Snapple Group, we know that environmental stewardship is an integral part of operating a company that will be successful in the long term. We have invested heavily over the last several years to align and integrate our operations to serve our customers and consumers better while reducing the environmental impact of our value stream.
To ensure the strength and efficacy of our environmental guidelines, policies and controls, we have established an environmental management system (EMS) within our manufacturing operations as part of our overarching environmental, health and safety (EHS) function. Our EMS follows a plan-do-check-act (PDCA) cycle, providing a roadmap for how we address the immediate and long-term effects of our operations on the environment.
Using the Bloomberg BNA audit tool to measure our performance against federal, state and local regulations, as well as gap analyses conducted by our EHS team at each of our sites every two years, we’ve established a consistent approach to how we allocate resources, assign responsibilities and evaluate our practices, procedures and processes to reduce our environmental footprint.
For the second consecutive year, we have turned to TruCost to provide third-party assurance of our greenhouse gas and water consumption data. With their support, we have the confidence in our metrics to continue moving forward. Read the 2014 Corporate Social Responsibility Report to see how we’re progressing against our goals and to get a glimpse at our plans for the future.